Sea Change Cooking School participated in the Pink Tea benefit for the Maine Breast Cancer Coalition at the Danforth Inn. Here is a taste of the food we served.
Moist Gluten Free Cornbread
This is a family favorite. The corn adds great texture and this bread is especially moist. Serve with a hot bowl of chili and you have a great meal!
- 1 ¼ cups cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ¼ cup seeded jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil (grapeseed)
- 2 tbs dark molasses
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 14 oz can sweet corn, drained
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 450
- Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in large bowl. (For a bread with less whole corn, mash the corn with a fork.)
- Pour mixture into 9 inch cast iron skillet (or brownie pan) coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 400 degrees 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan 10 min on wire rack. This cornbread needs to be refrigerated